Thursday, June 22, 2006

Welcome to My Room

I don't remember when I decided I wanted to become an Interior Designer. I initially wanted to take up Interior Design right away for college. But due to certain factors (i.e. Mom!), I took up Management Economics instead. After that four-year course though, I still wanted to become an Interior Designer. And so here I am.

If you ask me why I
want to become one, I wouldn't have a clear-cut answer for you either. At the time, I guess, it sounded like something I could really get into. Naturally, I would always feel at ease in beautiful surroundings, and I would love to be able to have others experience that. I simply just like the idea of making things beautiful.

When I tell my friends that I'm starting school in a few days, they reply with one or another version of the following words: "Finally! You're about to fulfill one of your dreams. Are you excited?" I usually reply that yes, I am grateful for the opportunity and that yes, I am excited! But what I don't usually answer them with is the line of questioning that seems to find its way into my mind more frequently as Monday approaches, questions such as: Do I really want to be an Interior Designer? Am I even capable of becoming one? Is it the right thing for me? and Is Interior Design truly my passion?

I made this blog in part to help me answer those questions. This blog will contain writings about what I learn and do at school, and my opinions and feelings about it. I would also like to share my experiences with other people who may find it useful or interesting -- my friends, design students, professionals, anyone with a general interest in design.

So, hi. I am Misty, an interior design student in the Philippines. Welcome to my little room on the Internet. Your comments would be appreciated. Make yourself comfortable!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Do I really want to be an Interior Designer?

Well I've heard you talk about this since high school.. there was also the marine biologist..

Am I even capable of becoming one?

Misty, you are capable of many wonderful things and I'm sure if you really want this, you will excel and have beautiful compositions. :)

Is it the right thing for me?and Is Interior Design truly my passion?

I want to take up Psychology ang study again for another four years, but I dont have the opportunity to do that because ill need to work to get myself into school. You on the other hand have a chance at this and I'm sure trying new things never hurt anyone. :)

chubibochubaboy said...

hey misty! :p

i'm sure you'll be a great interior designer! goodluck with your creative nametag! hehe!:)

- pau

Misty said...

hi bananna! yes yes yes i'm all for trying new things and learning something from it. i hope someday you get to take up psychology and do whatever it is you dream about. ;)

chubibochubaboy pau! asan yung blog mo? hehe...thanks thanks thanks for the comment! i know pam's told you about my ideas for my creative nametag. hope i can pull it off!

Anonymous said...

ehem! i know why you want to become a marine biologist before!!! it's because of ****o! right?? hehehehe..