Monday, January 08, 2007

Classroom Lesson and Real Life Lesson # 1

Today's class: Color Rendering 1
Lesson # 1: Flatwash




Looks pretty simple, eh? Not quite. Before, I really had a problem because when I would use watercolor to color in, say, a big section of a wall, it would all be streaky and the color wouldn't be evenly distributed on the wall. It turns out that there's a certain way of doing it, and that's what our professor showed us during this morning's demonstration. Ang galing, it was like a magic! Hehehe. Ganon pala 'yon. I'm in the middle of doing my homework right now. It has just the right balance of difficulty and enjoyability in it, which is great!

Oh, the other day, I went on my first ever ocular visit to a friend's house to look at his room. It'll be a collaborative design project with two of my good friends, Meg and Kaye. In terms of design experience, they're way ahead of me. Kaye will be an Interior Design graduate in a few months, while Meg finished her Industrial Design degree last year. So hopefully, they'll take the lead when it comes to the more technical stuff and I'll just do my best with what I know so far. I'm really excited about this project. I hope to learn a lot, and of course, design a really cool room. Here's one section of it:


That's Joseph, our client. His room has a great view of the Ortigas area and a perfect view of the sunset each day. His room has potential...I hope we get to maximize it with our design. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teach me how to do that.ha??!

Goodluck with your homeworks!

chubibochubaboy said...

me also! paturo! hehehe! :)

wow! project! how fun! :p

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.